Sr. Director, Radiology at Children’s Medical Center in Dallas, TX
I am grateful for my membership in AHRA, and the opportunities being a member of AHRA has provided in my career. As a member of the Board of Directors, I look to serve members and give back to the association.
I look to further develop and complement existing programs for early careerist. When entering medical imaging management, I was fortunate to have a mentor who guided, and encouraged, me to become a member of the AHRA. The relationships and education opportunities the AHRA provided in my early management years were formative on my career. We are fortunate to have experienced and diverse leaders in AHRA. Partnering these thought leaders with early careerist will position the success of future leaders and the association by sharing knowledge, networking and support with a mentoring and coaching program.
I look to focus on inclusion of all members while focused on our mission: a resource and catalyst for the development of professional leadership in medical imaging management. I was fortunate to be a member of the National Steering Committee for Defining Our Future to ensure programs and partnerships are positioned for members to be recognized for professional expertise.
I will focus on strengthening our strategic partnerships to meet challenges with regulations and policy. Positioning the association as an industry leader for medical imaging management for regulators and policy makers. I am honored to serve on the AHRA Regulatory Affairs Committee and advocate for members of AHRA in this important strategic focus.
It is a privilege to be considered for the AHRA Board of Directors. If elected, I look to support strategic priorities of AHRA, being a value to members providing knowledge and education opportunities to be recognized as leaders in medical imaging, and AHRA as industry leader to meet the challenges faced in medical imaging management.
Question & Answer
What do you see as the primary role of AHRA’s Board of Directors?
Performing as fiduciaries representing best interest of AHRA in decision making.
What makes you an excellent leader?
My focus on servant leadership - developing those I lead on my team by mentoring and coaching to serve those on our team and those seeking medical imaging needs.
How do you define governance? Describe your experience with strategic planning.
Structure and rules, i.e. Robert’s Rules of Order, providing direction with decision making proceedings. My experience with strategic planning includes being a member of Defining Our Future campaign in support of AHRA Education Foundation. Also, with my healthcare system, the knowledge and skills AHRA has positioned me to provide guidance on strategic planning for imaging needs to meet those my organization serves.
What was your initial reason for joining AHRA, and why do you choose to continue your membership?
My initial reason for joining was to gain the knowledge and skills to be recognized as an effective leader in medical imaging and obtaining my CRA. I choose to continue because of the networking and relationships that makes AHRA a special organization to me, and I look forward to supporting and serving.
What would you say to a peer who was on the fence about becoming a member?
The tools and knowledge that made you successful in technical areas, or previous experience are not the tools and knowledge that is needed in leadership roles today in medical imaging management in complex healthcare environments. The AHRA is the one source that provides programs, education and networking to prepare you to succeed.
Professional History and Experience
Medical Imaging Management: 20 Years
Medical Imaging: 25 Years
• 2015-2020: Senior Director, Radiology, Children’s Medical Center, Dallas, TX
• 2007-2015: Director, Radiology, Cook Children’s Medical Center, Fort Worth, TX
• 2004-2007: Business Manager, Radiology, Cook Children’s Medical Center, Fort Worth, TX
• 1998-2004: Clinic Manager, University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas, TX
• 2014: MS, Accounting, University of Dallas, TX
• 2004: MBA, Business Administration, Dallas Baptist University, TX
• 1998: BS, Biological Health Sciences, Southeastern Oklahoma State University, OK
• 1995: AS, Radiological Health Sciences, Midwestern State University, TX
• 2005: CRA, AHRA
• 1995: RT(R), ARRT
• 1997: RT(MR), ARRT
AHRA / AHRA EF Offices, Appointments, and Activities
AHRA member since 2004
• 2020: Member, Regulatory Affairs Committee
• 2018-2019: Member, Defining Our Future Campaign
• 2019: Member, Legacy Circle
• 2018: Member, Cornerstone Circle
Other Professional and Community Activities
• 2018-2020: Vizient Diagnostic Imaging Contracting Council, Representing GPO members on imaging contracts and reviews.
• 2018-2019: Children’s Health Equity and Diversity Inclusion Committee, Member of committee focused on initiatives to bridge the cultural gaps amongst our patients, providers, and employees so that we all can lead more fulfilling and healthy lives.
• 2017: United Way of Tarrant County, Participated in community support development, Blueprint for Board Service.
• 2014: Catholic Charities, Provide money management to underserve populations in community to make better behavioral choices.
• 2014: VITA – United Way of Tarrant Count, Provide tax preparation for underserved members of the community.
• 2018-2019: AHRA, Member of Defining Our Future Campaign
<<Previous Candidate Next Candidate>>