Manager of MRI Services at Holy Name Health in Teaneck, NJ
I have been actively involved in the AHRA since joining in 2005 including volunteering at the Annual meeting, hosting Regional meetings, serving on committees, member on the Annual Meeting Design Team from 2007- 09, member of the Annual Appeal Committee, and most recently serving as the Education Foundation Chair since 2015 after serving as Director from 2013-2014. I have worked with teams executing changes and improvements you see today including creating and implementing the CRA scholarship, setting donation records as the EF Chair in 2016, and actively participating with the current Board in the development of our strategic plan.
As a current board member, I have been engaged in executing the strategic plan and organizational goals. I understand the member’s needs even more now and will continue to work and assure these are met. I will serve you, the membership, and help our organization move forward to grow to new heights. My ongoing commitment will allow AHRA to continue to flourish as the leading organization for medical imaging management. AHRA has been my passion for the past 15 years - I know this is the greatest organization and I am proud to be a part of it.
Question & Answer
What do you see as the primary role of AHRA’s Board of Directors?
I feel the primary role of the AHRA Board of Directors is to carry out the Mission, the Vision and help execute the Strategic Plan for the organization. The board should act as a resource to the membership so that the organization thrives.
What makes you an excellent leader?
Being an excellent leader is not easy for anyone because no one is perfect. However I do possess strengths that help me do the best that I can. I am very adaptable with many situations and financially responsible. I am a great organizer but I am flexible at the same time so that things can be arranged for the best outcome. I enjoy working with all people and love the challenge of bringing them together for a purpose. I am a kind individual who is empathetic with others.
How do you define governance? Describe your experience with strategic planning.
I define governance as an establishment of different policies and it is monitored by the governing members ie: the board of an organization. It is the responsibility of the board to make sure that the policies are properly executed. I was the chair of the EF at the last strategic board planning. It was an experience that took a long time but throughout the years, we have kept to what we wrote and executed it the best we could. I also was part of strategic planning committee for the NJPTA many years back.
What was your initial reason for joining AHRA, and why do you choose to continue your membership?
I joined because my boss and other co-workers were members. I was told how great the AHRA was. My first meeting was in San Antonio in 2005. I was in AWE when I sat in the audience at the opening session. I was hooked and decided that getting involved was my calling.
What would you say to a peer who was on the fence about becoming a member?
I would tell them JOIN, JOIN, JOIN. It is the best organization to belong to. The networking, education and meetings are amazing and worth every penny. BUT… belonging to another family is the BEST bonus!!
Professional History and Experience
Medical Imaging Management: 17 Years
Medical Imaging: 32 Years
• 2005-present: Manager of MRI, Holy Name Health, Teaneck, NJ
• 2000-2005: CT Technologist, Holy Name Health, Teaneck, NJ
• 1998-2000: Supervisor CT, Bergen Open MRI, Paramus, NJ
• 1988-1998: CT Technologist, Hackensack Medical Center, Hackensack, NJ
• 1988: Certificate, Radiology, Hackensack Hospital School of Radiography, NJ
• 1988: RTR, ARRT
• 1998: RTM, ARRT
AHRA / AHRA EF Offices, Appointments, and Activities
AHRA member since 2005, Fellow since 2019
• 2017-2020: AHRA BOD, Board of Director
• 2014-2017: AHRA EF BOD, Chair, Finance Committee
• 2013-2014: AHRA EF BOD, Vice Chair, Finance Committee
• 2012-2013: AHRA EF BOD, Board, Finance Committee
• 2010-2014: 2014-2017: Member Appeal Committee, Committee Member, Chair of Appeal
• 2012-2013: Member Development Campaign , Member
• 2011: Zone 8 State Leader, Member
• 2010: Regional Meeting, Event Host
• 2007-2009: AMDT, Member
• 2006-2019: AM Volunteer, Volunteer
Other Professional and Community Activities
• 2018-present: Lyndhurst Music Association, Recording secretary
• 2000-2010: Lyndhurst Fire Dept- Ladies Auxiliary, President, VP and Recording Secretary
• 1996-2003: Girl Scout Leader, Brownies and Juniors
Other Board Experience
• 2010-2012: Bergen County Council of PTA’S, County President
• 2008-2010: Bergen County Council of PTA’S, VP of Districts
• 2002-2008: Bergen County Council of PTA’S, Recording Secretary
• 2002-2015: Bergen County Council of PTA’S, EXEC Board of Directors
• 2009-2014: NJ STATE PTA, Board of Director- Various Positions Including VP of Health and Welfare
• 2010-2012: AHRA EF, Member Appeal Committee
• 2012-2014: AHRA EF, Board of Directors, Member Appeal Committee
• 2015-2017: AHRA EF, Chair of Foundation, Member Appeal
• 2002-2014: PTA, General Fundraising
• 2015-present: PTA, Lyndhurst Music Association, General Fundraising
<<Previous Candidate Next Candidate>>