Creating Reading Room Paradise; A Real-World Case Study
Thursday, January 20, 2022 at 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT
Ben Parker B.A. RT (R) (N)
Assistant Director - Department of Radiology, WVU Medicine-Ruby Memorial
Robert Junk, BA
President, Radiology Planning
CEO, RedRick Technologies Inc.
This webinar will review the experience of one academic medical centers radiology department as they struggled with a new reading room that was not designed with any radiology input. As a result, tremendous dissatisfaction emerged amongst the radiologists, radiology residents and the customers of radiology.
In response, the radiology department undertook an initiative to gather and document the concerns from within and outside of radiology, by leveraging radiology and employee customer satisfaction surveys. The information that was gathered was then presented to hospital senior managements in an effort to obtain resources to have the reading room redesigned to meet the needs of all stakeholders.
This effort was successful, and a cross-functional team was developed to identify the collective needs of those who use a reading room and engage with architectural and design entities that understand these needs. The goal was to ensure a new reading room was built that met the clinical reading, teaching and consultative needs of the organization. Ultimately, this goal was achieved.
You will learn to:
• Gain insights into the potential downstream impact of poor reading room design on the customers of radiology.
• Realized the importance of getting buy-in from all stakeholders who utilize the radiology reading room.
• Appreciate the business case that can educate hospital management about the impact of a poorly designed reading room.
• Learn how to keep a reading room project on track so it meets the needs of all involved.
• Understand how radiology can capture and articulate its value to the organization to reduce the risk of being commoditized.
Registration is complimentary and you do not have to be an AHRA member to attend.
Online registration is closed. Contact us to check availability.
Questions? Contact Us
CE credit is pending approval for this webinar. You will receive login instructions the day before the webinar via email. Please test your connection prior to the webinar.