Be an integral part of AHRA!
Interested in moving into an AHRA leadership position? The Leadership Development Committee has identified a roadmap full of opportunities to engage with the association at any level of your career, and to prepare you to lead as a committee chair, Board member, or President of AHRA. Review the resources below to get started on the path to leadership today!
Why should I volunteer and how do I get started?
• Top 5 Reasons to Volunteer Article
• Why YOU should volunteer with AHRA - An article from AHRA Member, Danielle Henricksen
• My AHRA "Why" - An article from AHRA Member, Carla Knisley
• Keys to High-Functioning Committees and Task Forces Article – What is a selection process and what’s next? Review this article to learn more about what it means to serve on a committee.
• History of AHRA
• AHRA Committee Descriptions
• The Power of Volunteering - An article from Paul Dubiel
• Sign Up to Volunteer with AHRA
What resources and experience are needed to be part of a Board of Directors?
• Board Member Reflections Video - Video from Board Member, Mario Pistilli, on his path to leadership with AHRA.
• What is a Conflict of Interest? - Presentation by Jeffrey Tenenbaum, Esq, Tenenbaum Law Group
• Board Competency Article and Resources – What skills are necessary to serve on a Board? Review this article and the associated resources to learn more about the characteristics of an effective board.
• Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Resources – AHRA is committed to fostering an environment of inclusion and engagement within our membership.
• Increasing Board Diversity Article
• The Basics of Board Committee Structure Article – Understand the difference between committees and task forces and the various structures and roles.
• Build Soft Skills Article – Cultivate your emotional intelligence in preparation for leadership.
• Nominations - Opening January 2023
• Non-Profit Board Member Criteria
• ASAE website – ASAE is a membership organization representing both organizations and individual association professionals. The ASAE website has a variety of resources to help you learn more about associations and board structure.
I was elected, now what?
• AHRA Staff Organization Chart
• AHRA & Education Foundation Structure and Board Legal Duties Video
• 10 Basic Responsibilities of Non-Profit Boards
• AHRA Board Fundamentals - Frequently asked questions for new Board members
• Financial Responsibilities of Board Members - COMING SOON
• Legal Duties of an Association Board Member
• Strategic Planning Article
• History of AHRA
AHRA Governing Documents
• AHRA Bylaws
• AHRA Education Foundation Bylaws
• AHRA Policy and Procedures
• AHRA Strategic Plan