- MRI Safety
- Obtain basic knowledge of MRI physics and hardware, and understand the associated risks
- Establish institutional MRI safety policies and procedures based on the national MRI safety standards and guidelines
- Identify and effectively manage the critical areas of MRI safety in clinical service
- Radiation Safety: Patient Shielding in Diagnostic Radiology, CT Dose Benchmarking and Fluoroscopy Training
- Look at dose reduction strategies with the aims of protecting the patient from unnecessary exposure to ionizing radiation and limiting medically necessary exposure to the minimum required to answer the specific clinical question at hand
- Address controversies regarding the utility and efficiency of some practices in terms of reducing the dose to patients during typical radiological imaging procedures
- Provide an update on the positions of various professional societies on the matter of CT, gonad, and other forms of patient shielding
- Community Based Physics Resources
- Outline historical changes in diagnostic imaging technology particularly advanced imaging modalities
- Provide a perspective of regulatory and accreditation changes related to radiation safety in imaging
- Describe how to effectively integrate MRI safety into a compliance program
- Present a team approach for compliance including radiation safety, quality control, and dose optimization
- Present some case studies as context to support a team a team approach for compliance activities.
Meeting Agenda & Details: click here
This meeting is FREE to attend and you don't have to be an AHRA member. Questions? Contact AHRA Member Services or call 800-334-2472.
Registration is closed. You can register on-site.
CE Credit: ARRT Category A, Continuing Education (CE) credit will be available for those attending the educational sessions (pending approval). Please be sure to provide a valid email address when registering, as communications regarding CE credit will be made via email.
Driving Directions: click here
Parking for this event is in the visitor garage (yellow box south end of map). The cost is $3. Click here for map
Please Note: If you are registering online, you will need to log in or create a new account. If you are or have ever been a member of AHRA, or attended an event or purchased a product from AHRA, you have an account with us. If you are unsure if you have an account with us, please contact AHRA or call 800-334-2472.