The AHRA & Canon Medical Systems USA, Inc. Putting Patients First Program seeks to improve
pediatric and adult patient care and safety in diagnostic imaging through an innovative grant-
making program. The Putting Patients First Program
will provide five grants in 2021 to fund programs, training or seminars aimed at improving patient care and developing best imaging practices in the areas of CT, MR, Ultrasound, X-ray and Vascular. This collaboration seeks to improve patient care and safety in imaging through grants that fund programs, trainings and seminars at IDN/hospital systems, local hospitals and imaging centers. The programs funded by
these grants will be used to create a best-practices tool to share with other hospitals and
Four grants of up to $4,250 each will be awarded to single-site hospitals and imaging centers.
- One (1) grant focusing on diagnostic imaging
- One (1) grant focusing on pediatric imaging
- One (1) grant focusing on neuro-radiology
- One (1) grant focusing on oncology imaging
One (1) grant up to $17,500 will be awarded to an Integrated Delivery Network (IDN).
- One grant will be awarded for projects that improve overall patient care and safety in imaging implemented across the IDN/hospital system.
Beyond receiving funds, the grant recipients will publish an article in an AHRA publication
about their innovative program to improve patient care and safety in diagnostic imaging.
Applies to USA residents only and submission deadline is November 1, 2021
The 2018 grant winners video below!