The AHRA Leaders of Choice Program is a 12-month leadership learning experience brought to you by AHRA, sponsored by United Imaging, and facilitated by Traction Business Development.
With a combination of interactive discussions, monthly webinar presentations with one-on-one coaching and mentoring, and a Capstone project customized to your challenges and your current work setting, this program will position you to step confidently into a broader leadership role in your current environment or in your next career opportunity.
How It Works
The program kicks off on September 26, 2023, and culminates September 20, 2024 with a Capstone project presentation that brings together the learnings, coaching and mentoring from the 12-month program all applied to an on-the-job scenario identified by each participant. The outcomes from the project will also be captured as part of an opportunity to write for Radiology Management magazine.
If you are an experienced imaging professional (3-5 years in an imaging setting) seeking the business acumen and strategic perspective needed to succeed in a C-suite role, broader management oversight, or business ownership, this program is designed for you.
Program features include:
• Actionable, hands-on learning tailored to your specific goals
• Peer-to-peer learning and networking with like-minded leaders
• Fostered collaboration and small group, one-to-one instruction
• Confidential, ongoing access to the instructor and other experienced leaders for the program's duration
• A way to distinguish and differentiate yourself as a "leader of choice"
All program candidates will receive a confidential survey before the program kick-off to provide perceived strengths and weaknesses, and to identify developmental goals for the program. This survey will assist in outlining tailored content for each session. Upon graduation, candidates will receive a certificate of completion and may earn up to 17.5 ARRT category A continuing education credits.
Who Should Apply?
We welcome experienced, diverse professionals who bring a variety of strengths, skills, and perspectives to the table. Successful candidates:
• May have technical/clinical command in imaging and now seek to strengthen their business knowledge, presentation skills, and financial acumen
• Are considering the Certified Radiology Administrator credential or have already earned it
• Are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion as they manage future leaders; while future-proofing their own careers
• Value collaborative thinking and community-building, and also appreciate small group and one to one instruction
• Seek visibility among imaging's top industry leaders
Program Components–Flexible and Convenient to Your Demanding Work Environment
Building on the successes of the inaugural class, the 2023-24 Leaders of Choice Program will:
• Launch with a kick-off meeting and orientation in September 2023
• Offer a comprehensive business curriculum delivered in a hybrid format to ensure the flexibility you need to attend and complete the work. Monthly webinars accessible live or as recordings, will cover key topics, including a content assessment at the end of each program.
• Provide confidential coaching by and access to the primary instructor for the program’s full year-long duration
• Enhance your visibility among imaging’s top industry leaders through recognition as an author for Radiology Management and during the year
• Expose you to thought leadership in both radiology management and broader business development topics
Collaborative and network-oriented, the Leaders of Choice program will be facilitated by David Waldron, CEO & executive leadership development consultant with business & finance expertise, and history in radiology management.